Originally built in 1909 by Samuel L. Green, the site was considered to be the first formal settings where jazz was played. Subsequently, the property was used in the 1940’s as a wartime hiring office and dancehall for soldiers and sailors before their deployments to World War II. In 2015, Green Coast Enterprises and the Crescent City Community Land Trust teamed up to revitalize the building while retaining the original architecture. The property will be renovated to accommodate 69 apartments, of which 30% will be affordable housing, while the bottom three floors will be finished for retail and office uses. According to sources within StudioWTA, the architecture firm heading the project, the preliminary stages of demolition have begun. Additionally, the site has received a plethora of federal and state historic tax credits as well as being added to the Register of Historic Places.